AWARDS & AWARD-WINNING PROJECTS
AEB’s vision and groundbreaking attitude to business has seen it pick up a number of awards over the years:
- Construction Week Qatar Architecture Firm of the Year (September 2012)
- Al Sharq Village & Spa – Winner in Tourism and Hospitality, CityScape Qatar Awards (May 2012)
- Construction Week Qatar Consultancy of the Year Award (September 2011)
- American School of Doha – MEED National Award for Social Project (March 2011)
- Al Dhaayan Municipality – First Prize from Islamic Capitals and Cities Organisation (May 2010)
- Al Sharq Village & Spa – Arab Towns Organization Award (May 2008)
- The Diplomatic Club – Second Prize from the Organization of Islamic Capitals and Cities in the Architectural Projects Category (2004)
- Barzan Towers – Nominated for Aga Khan Award in 2004
- Al Shaqab Institute for Girls – Second Place for Arab Town Organisation Award (2002). The same project was nominated for Aga Khan Award for Architecture in 2001 and is honoured on Qatari currency 100 Riyal note.
- QNH Headquarters – First Prize in Design Competition
- QCCI Headquarters – First Prize in Design Competition
- Al Sadd Development Complex – First Prize in Design Competition
- Ministry of Interior –First Prize in Design Competition
- Marina Towers in Abu Dhabi – First Prize in Design Competition
AEB is proud to have designed a significant number of Qatari embassies around the world, all as a result of being awarded first prize in their design competitions.
Furthermore, on an individual level, Ibrahim M. Jaidah was presented with the State Encouragement Award from the State of Qatar in 2005, for his work in the field of architecture. The State Encouragement Award, supervised by The Ministry of Culture and Arts, is awarded to distinguished and promising researchers and innovators.